Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Analog to Digital TV?

Posted by bob44 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 08 at 17:42

As time goes on, I am replacing my analog tv's with Sony XBR tv's. My quest is to get a video picture for recording my wife's daily day time shows. The digital channels are clear, but subject to momentary blackout or partial pixel loss. I do not have cable or satelite service. I have purchased two new dvd recorders that will record the digital channels as well. Okay, so now I have dvd rw recordings with some blackout and pixel loss on our recordings.Is there anything I can do to improve the recordings? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Analog to Digital TV?

higher gain antenna or get an amplifier. for BEST reception, get the antenna outside and feed your indoor units from it.

you do not wan tto have multiple splitters at all. if you need 4 feeds to the tvs, get a 4 port splitter instead of piggy backing a splitter off another on. each splitter loses 1/2 signal strength MINIMUM per port. so get one as close to the correct size as possible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here