Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
B&O TV & Surround Sound

Posted by haus_proud (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 08 at 15:04

I've been thinking about the Bang & Olufsen LCD TV and surround sound. It's much most expensive than others I've looked at. Can someone who has it tell me if it's worth the cost?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: B&O TV & Surround Sound

It isn't worth the cost. If you aren't in a bright sunlit room get a 1080p 50-60" plasma from Pioneer (or Pioneer Elite) or a 50" or 58" Panasonic 1080p plasma. They both outperform every LCD, although the new Samsung 81 series LED lit LCD's are very good in their 46" and 52" incarnations. The Sony XBR4 and XBR5 are essentially the same (save money and get the XBR4) and are also superior to most every other LCD's. Sharp also makes good LCD's and supplies the LCD panels to many other companies. Of course, the lighting of the panels and the internal de-interlacing and scaling quality varies from company to company and most often from cheaper models in the same line, not to forget about cheaper LCD's.

If you want great surround either get a solid receiver (such as Denon 4308ci, Onkyo SR-875, or Pioneer Elite 94TX).
Even better would be the new separate amps from Emotiva.com, which makes both 5 channel and 7 channel amps that are both beuatiful and powerful. Then get an Integra DTC-9.8(the Lexus-like line of Onkyo) surround pre-amp, or if you want to really splurge get the Anthem Statement D2 or Anthem AVM-50.

Pioneer Elite is releasing the SC-09TX next month and will likely be the best receiver currently made, albeit at an MSRP of $7,000.

Good speakers are a must, whether you need for design sake in-wall or in-ceiling speakers, or even better great bookshelf speakers on a stand or even floorstanding speakers. A great self-powered subwoofer is a must.

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here