Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Please - Wireles Sound System

Posted by grannabelle (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 25, 07 at 15:25

originally i wanted to hardwire for sound, when 2 estimates came back at over $7,000 - i decided not too...now someone said i can buy a wireless system (Bose?) i want to be able to hook it up to my stereo system (to play radio and CDs) and be able to have sound in about 5 different rooms - i also would like wireless surround sound for my new living room TV (yet to be purchased)- is this sort of system available and suggestions for companies would be great thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Please - Wireles Sound System

There are a few different ways to go about it. The keys are how good you want the sound to be and how much money you do want to spend. There are a few companies which manufacture wireless surround-sound systems; use your favorite Web search engine to find the phrase wireless surround sound and you'll find a bunch.

Wireless through the rest of the house is do-able, also, however you may lose some flexibility as far as listening to one thing in one room and something else in another.

In any case, wireless is likely to provide lower-quality sound than wired and limit your choice of components. There also is the possibility that something already in your house (microwave oven, telephone, etc.) may interfere with it. If that does not matter to you (it doesn't matter to many people I know), then it's no big deal. They are, however, compromises you make for wireless.

o

SONY makes a great wireless set up, search google or where ever you would like.

o

Sony Sonos is pretty much the only system that will do this with any reliability.

But you're going to find out that you should have had the wiring done....

o

thanks for the input - we ended up hardwiring, but not putting the whole system in - so when we are ready ($$) we can buy what we need and have it hooked up

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here