Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old B&O Turntable Help, Please

Posted by annie1971 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 08 at 15:21

I hope I don't annoy any of you people that have been happily existing in the 21st century; but I hope you can help me. I love my Bang & Olufsen Beogram 8000 (about 1983 - 1985) turntable. It needs a stylist (a MMC20 CL cartridge). B&O doesn't make them anymore. Anyone know of a source for rebuilt or new cartridges for old equipment?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old B&O Turntable Help, Please

Just google "phono cartridge" and have your p/n handy.
Casey

o

Another option that might work for you: Go to the B&O website and look up the retail outlets. They have about 40-50 in the US. Start calling them up, one by one. If B&O doesn't make the cartridge you need anymore, it is possible that one of the retail dealers happens to have one in stock.

I would start with the retailer in Norfolk VA. I contacted them just a few days ago to tell them about my very old B&O stereo that is malfunctioning. The man I spoke to was very helpful on the phone. He took a lot of time to talk me through a couple of trouble shooting steps and followed up with further assistance.

If you persist, there's at least a chance you'll find a dealer with a cartridge tucked away in storage somewhere. Happy hunting.

o

http://www.1stintunes.com/shopexd.asp?ccode=44959

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here