Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cupofkindness

Which Gaming System is the Best: Game Cube, Play Station or XBox?

cupofkindness
18 years ago

Which do you think is the best and why? What games or technology might lead you to choose one system over the other? What is your favorite game? Thanks!

Ours is the Game Cube with Mario Mix (DDR), Pikman, Spiderman, Burnout, plus Call of Duty and Lord of the Rings being some of our favorite games.

Comments (14)

• jiggreen
    18 years ago

we have xbox, gamecube and a playstation 2. my 17 year old would say the xbox is the best because he enjoys the large assortment of violent games and he also spends a lot of time using his xbox live. my 7 year old would probably say the playstation 2 because she can play her playstation 1 games and playstation 2 games on it. i like the gamecube because i like the cutesy games available for it. my favorite games are animal crossing and mariokart double dash. (all for the gamecube). i would love to get the mario mix (i find the ddr games for the xbox to be a little too fast and confusing for me).

• krustytopp
    18 years ago

My husband and I are trying to decide which console system to buy. We have been told by friends who have both the older XBox and Playstation 2 that there are far more games available for Playstation. We do not want to pay for the new XBox 360 with all the bells and whistles and will likely wait until the new Playstation is released to decide.

As for portable games: I have a GameBoy Advance and a Nintendo DS. I used to play the GameBoy a lot but find it so hard to find games that that I like. I bought the Nintendo DS only because the latest release of my favorite game (Castlevania) was available for DS but not for GameBoy. This game unfortunately was dumbed down quite a bit for the new platform. I believe that games for the Nintendo systems in general are aimed more at small children and rely on licenced cartoon/movie characters. I am in my 30s and female and still love the old Atari games. I also like simple role-playing games but detest realistic violence and games that you have to take the equivalent of a university course to learn to play :)

My DH plays on the PC mainly and likes Neverwinter Nights, Starcraft, and Warcraft. He currently plays an online game, RuneScape.

• catslikemice
    18 years ago

The best system is the one that has the games available that you want to play.

My kids like Nintendo (10 &13), we have a Gamecube and the Nintendo DS but all of us like the play the MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game), World of Warcraft. It's a hoot!

V

• jiggreen
    18 years ago

catslikemice...my son plays that world of warcraft game (15.00 per month!!), i never thought to try it myself but after your endorsement of it, i might give it a try!

jiggreen

• bearHit
    18 years ago

See what the neighbor kids have.

We have GC - and my son swaps games every so often with a couple kids in the neighborhood.

I'd say that has been our biggest benefit.

I think he likes the Matrix game the best.

• daninny
    17 years ago

It all depends.
    We have XBox 360, GameCube, Playstation 2. Also couple older consoles that are never used anymore.

XBox 360 right now is the best for graphics, action, etc. especially for teens and older. For those with younger children, GameCube is probably the better choice.
    However, all of this may change once Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii come out later this year.

• Wubsoofer
    10 years ago

An age-old argument. I personally prefer the Xbox, but can see why Playstations are equally as popular. I think it really boils down to personal preference when it comes to console-choice. Of course, PC gaming is generally considered to be far superior than both consoles.

• KarimT
    9 years ago

It kind of comes down to preferences for games. One could argue PC is also a viable option for gaming, specifically when it comes to strategies. With shooters, consoles have caught up if not outright surpassed the PC by now.

Had PS and was very happy with it until my parents sold it to patch up their financial misfortunes (lol).

• Adam Tessler
    6 years ago

playstation

• harry_wild
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Right at the moment it the new XBox unless you can afford a gaming PC that is!

• Lera Kirova
    5 years ago

hmm....I think, that all of this has good and bad sides

• Franko Mayer
    2 years ago

So, what's the best system now?

PS5/Xbox Series/Switch?

• Greg Starwinski
    last year

The best system rn, PS without thinking. However, even though I am a longtime Playstation fan, it feels like Playstation is just getting more and more expensive: games, online subscription, limited storage and now the "pro" variants. Some of my favorite games on PS are Spider-Man, God of War, Hitman, and Ghost of Tsushima with God of War easily topping the list.

Sponsored
More Discussions