Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Need a custom sized speaker grill or plexi glass

jaxo
13 years ago

I want to make this area look super clean with none of the electronics or cabling visible below the TV. However, I need to be able to hear the center channel speaker that's in there and I need to be able to use the remote controls to operate all of the A/V equipment in there that use IR remotes. The Tivo box shown is soon to be replaced by a Zino HD if that matters.

I want to put in a backlight behind the TV and all I want to see is a halo glow around the TV rather than see all the components and wires when it's lit up.

The thick black coax cable you see on the right for the indoor antenna will either be replaced with a thin/flat white cable that can be better hidden or I will see if the antenna will work from behind the TV or I will relocate the antenna to the attic.

Would a custom speaker grill cut to fit below the TV be better or would a piece of black acrylic be better? Something else?

It needs to be easy to remove and replace so I can pop in a DVD or Blu-ray disc without a lot of hassle.

Where would be a good place to order it? I would need something about 41 inches by 10 inches to fit below the TV mounted on an articulating arm.

This is what it looks like now.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm
More Discussions