Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Movable bracket to move TV over (non-working) fireplace up/down?

Posted by sarahandbray (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 4, 09 at 21:57

I'm not sure if that subject title even made any sense or not--I was wondering if there was any type of bracket that you could attach to a flat screen tv that could move it left/right AND up/down to reach the perfect viewing height, yet could be put "back" just over the fireplace when done viewing.

Our fireplace mantle in our 150-year-old house is not as high as in many newer houses, so I don't think the height would be too terribly annoying, and it's a non-working fireplace, so that wouldn't be an issue either. I would really like it up there because we have a tough-to-configure living room with four door-ways, two windows, a big, cast-iron radiator, and the fireplace--thus, not a lot of room for an entertainment center and enough seating.

Has anyone seen anything like this "bracket"?
Thanks!
Sarah from Albany

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Movable bracket to move TV over (non-working) fireplace up/do

http://www.toptvmounts.com/collections/swivel-tv-mounts/products/swivel-tv-mount-32-60

Try this link, these brackets swivel out and tilt down, most tilt 15 degrees max. There are many manufacturers this is just one.

o

one other point, never seen a bracket that would move up and down. They move out and tilt.

o

Wow that is a really good idea! I've never seen a bracket that would swing down even though I can picture exactly what you mean. Maybe it exists. I hope so. I have a room much like yours, except I have 5 doors and no radiator. The fireplace area is the best place for the TV, but I like my TV at seated eye level, not above, even if it's "tilted" downward.

- Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here