Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Audio for big reflective room?

Posted by camnewmexico (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 27, 07 at 15:17

I have an 18 x 35x 12' studio...all reflective surfaces...drywall, 12 skylights, concrete floors...nothing to absorb sound. I love to listen to music while I paint and like to crank it up sometimes. I have an old Kenwood amp and tuner and two JBL speakers...but we put wires in the four upper corners for speakers. Now I need at least four new speakers and maybe a whole new system since the Kenwood only has two channels.

I worry that the sound will be garbled with all this reflective surface. I also want sound to fill the room since I work all over it and won't have one particular listening point like a home theater system.

Anyone have any suggestions for this situation?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Audio for big reflective room?

If you're that serious about the quality of the sound, you should put some soft surfaces into the room to balance things out: wall hangings, area rugs, or some upholstered furniture. If that won't work, however, might you do better with a system that can power multiple pairs of speakers, placed throughout the room? Or might you be even better off with an iPod or portable CD player and some comfortable headphones that go wherever you go in the room?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here