Return to the Home Entertainment Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In-ceiling speaker setup

Posted by basilisk (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 6, 10 at 10:14

I'm doing a kitchen renovation and have the opportunity to insert some ceiling speakers (new build) to entertain myself and the wife while cooking. Nothing special, just basic music.

I have narrowed down my choices to a pair of JBL SP6CII vs. Infinity CS60R. They are comparable in specification, the Infinity's are slightly cheaper. To drive them, I was thinking of getting a Teac AG-H300mkIII stereo receiver. (We would eventually hook up a computer to the receiver for streaming music or internet radio). I'd likely be running 16AWG CL2 speaker cable in the ceiling joists (< 50 ft. runs).

Are there better speakers for the price (~$150 a pair) or cheaper comparable speakers? What about the receiver?

Also, I need a bit of help in determining the best place to put the speakers. We are creating an open floor plan where the kitchen flows into the family room, but the music only really needs to be in the kitchen...

You can see the floorplans here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In-ceiling speaker setup

If I could I would love to have that. Although the price is a bit steep for me!

Here is a link that might be useful: hair removal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Entertainment Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here