Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arazavi_gw

Help on chosing plasma tv - Sammy vs Sammy vs Sammy vs Panny

arazavi
14 years ago

Hi,

I have been researching which plasma set to buy for quite some time. Now that my addition is almost complete, I have all my hdmi and component wires ran in the wall to wall outlets, and my 7.1 system is wired, I am ready to buy my tv.

Sets Considered:

Samsung 58B860

Samsung 58B650

Samsung 63B590

Panasonic 58V10

I was pretty set on the Samsung B860 until last night. I uncovered the information that the PQ of the B650 is the same, and after viewing two different sets today, one with a split HD TV feed wired with component cables, and the other set playing a bluray I would have to agree. The B860, with the same feeds seemed to have a little worse PQ in dark contrast scenes, but that could be due to many other factors other than the set. The B590 should have a little bit a worse PQ due to its 1mil less contrast ratio, but I couldn't see it right away. Panasonic didn't really compete with the Samsungs imo, but this could be due to other factors other than the set. Truthfully, I have owned a Samsung DLP since the technology was new, and Samsung has not failed my expectations. I have 3 Samsung LCD monitors for my computers, and they are equally reliable and amazing. One minor issue some have is the little buzzing noise behind the top right corner of the Samsung sets, which only some owners say is evident. So far I have heard it in two different sets, but I only checked in those two sets out of a total of 6 I have viewed. For me, this isn't a game changer, as it sounds like mild cooling fan noise.

I am really leaning towards the 63" B590 unless somebody can tell me otherwise, as the bigger TV would look amazing in my new family room and I didn't see a real difference in PQ from its big brother and sister.

I also checked out the Definitive Technology ProCinema 60.6 speakers, which are amazing. I have no question about those.

Thank you!

Ali

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions