SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth_gw

My Christmas present from Social Security

downsouth
19 years ago

I received my second denial from Social Security for disability benefits a week before Christmas. My attorney's secretary called and said he was starting the appeal process, but it would take at least a year, and not to get discouraged.

How important is it to keep going to the doctor during this year and do I need to go a certain amount of times? I do want to get another MRI done of my back (probably in Feb or Mar) because my sister said I could also have bone spurs on my spine and even a herniated disc. I am surprised my doctor has not recommended more tests, as the last MRI was in 1997, yet he keeps writing me prescriptions for pain killers and muscle relaxers.

I don't know what we will do financially if I lose this appeal, even though my attorney seems so confident and he wins "100% of his SS cases", I am not quite as confident as he is. We will probably have to sell our house if we can't get some additional income. You would think after 35 years of working that you wouldn't have to fight for what you paid into all your life.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County