SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loralee_2007

Broken ribs pain management help please

loralee_2007
16 years ago

Hi, I don't normally post here but I'm in a lot of pain and hoping someone can help me. I wiped out last night on some ice and broke 1 rib and cracked 1 other. It hurts to sit. It hurts to stand/walk. It friggin hurts to breathe. And dear god help me when I sneezed this afternoon and actually saw stars!

Doctor told me there is nothing I can do but wait for it to heal. The pain was bad last night, but today it's almost unbearable. Muscle spasms, stabbing pain if I move the wrong way/move too fast. How am I suppose to sleep like this? The broken ribs are on my front (just under my left breast) and I sleep on my stomach (I can't sleep on my back as I have sleep apnea which is exacerbated if I sleep on my back).

Please please please tell me it won't hurt like this for the next 6 weeks! I think I'll go mad!! Would ice or heat help? Any other tips would be so greatly appreciated. I am hosting 24 people, many from out of province, for Christmas supper and I just don't know how I'm gonna do that now....

Lora

Comments (3)

Sponsored