SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cube1067

Vitamin D and Depression

cube1067
15 years ago

I am not one of the diagnosed "clinically depressed". Twice in my life I sought psychotherapy, but I never stuck with it because it always seemed like an overindulgence and kind of silly. I was buying someone to listen to me and my problems...buying a friend. Words like "closure" seemed fabricated to support an industry built on angst. But I must admit to feeling down or detached most of my adult life. One therapist, after our first meeting, immediately prescribed Zoloft, which I took for a few months, then stopped cold turkey and dealt with the residual " brain freezing" until the drug left my system.

What I do know is how much more engaged I am in life since I started taking vitamin D. In general , I feel better, less anxious, more centered, more positive about things.

In April, a complete physical showed I was extremely deficient in Vitamin D, so the doc recommended 1000 IUs a day.

I think Vitamin D is making a positive difference in my mental outlook. I did some Internet researching and it is theorized that Vitamin D can do this. I can only offer my anecdotal evidence that it may be true.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts