SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polyd_gw

Unintentional weight loss

polyd
9 years ago

Please forgive me if I ramble but something has me slightly concerned. I am seeing my Dr about this Friday . Maybe someone has some food for thought to take with me when I go in.

Over the past two years, I have lost 35lbs without trying. It all started with a bout of diverticulitis or a severe IBS flare up. I took cipro and flgyl for 10 days. It got better but my IBS went haywire and has been bad ever since. (in the form of constipation)

Over the next year I lot about 25lbs and in the year after that, leading up till now, another 10. So to recap, this time 2 yrs ago I weighed 168 and today I weigh 133.

I've had pretty bad IBS since that and see a GI regularly so have had the scopes, and stool tests for cancer and parasites.

I also have some sort of yet undefined auto-immune disorder, namely arthritis, possibly ankylosing spondylitis. I also have a history of vitamin D defficiency which is treated with 50K once a week, then 5k once per day. It's likely back into normal levels now.

Other things health wise: Since the weight loss, I've needed less narcotics to manage arthritis pain, so there has been a medication change, that is, a drastic reduction in the amount of pain meds I take.

3 months ago I went gluten and dairy free at the suggestion of my Dr, to help with my arthritis. I don't think the recent diet change would be anything to do with it but thought I would mention it.

For the past 5 yrs I have had a daily low grade fever at night, in the range of 99-100. But since going gluten fee this has become less and less.

I don't have night sweats, loss of appetite, my blood work always looks normal. In fact since going gluten free, my IBS is allot better. Not normal working order, but no longer debilitating. So I am off all IBS meds, mostly.

I am tired much of the time, this may be par for the course for autoimmune stuff. I don't excercise, like, at all. I eat whatever I want, I don't watch fat or carbs- I eat very well.

I've of course googled this and seen things about thyroid disorders and don't seem like that is my issue. Of course, cancer is a worry but you'd think with all the tests the GI ran, and my recent mammogram and pap- all good- they'd have picked up on something if it was cancer.

Sorry if I rambled, it's just a bit odd.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz