Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where is the best chart on interaction of OTC medications?

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 14:02

There must be multiple interactions and multiple charts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where is the best chart on interaction of OTC medications?

Do a google search for 'drug interactions' There are a zillion sites to look at.

If you are interested in a particular OTC drug, a google search will send you to various medical sites that will tell you all about your drug.

o

Yes agnespuffin that was the point of my question i.e. Google has a zillion sites, hence a search for a chart.

o

There is a PDR for OTC drugs which might be useful. I usually search "drug name_______ side effects". I don't think you'll find a neat and tidy chart. PDR is Physicians Desk Reference. There is one given to doctors for prescription drugs. It comes out every year and is quite an eye opener.

o

No, you won't find a chart that will list even a small part of them.

I have found this site very useful.
http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/hp.asp

Here is a link that might be useful: Drug listings

o

Thanks all.

Here was the situation. An old lady in the neighborhood keeps showing up at the urgent care clinic with low blood pressure. She has been deemed not sufficiently crazy for any sort of forced commitment.

Someone giving her a ride asked to use the bathroom and counted 42 bottles of OTCs. We don't know if there is any connection to her low blood pressure or her craziness.

o

Check this link - prescription drugs

Here is a link that might be useful: Medicine Online Shop

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here