Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat Allergies,

Posted by runsnwalken (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 21, 08 at 13:39

I was wondering If you are a cat owner who decides to leave your cats at your parents home( for moral and safety reasons - to people,cats and property that does not belong to you) and you move in with someone who is allergic to cats, and you visit your cats at your parents on weekends every now and then. Could you give the suffer allergies by coming home from being with your cat. You know on clothing/ect.

Just wondering.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat Allergies,

I'm not a cat owner, but am very allergic to cats. My daughter's roommate has two cats which drives me crazy after being in her apartment for about 15 minutes. She now has a puppy that she brings over to visit quite often and the cat dander does come with him! I have been brushing him and wiping him down with a damp wipe to help. Even so, if I don't wash my hands and get them near my eyes, look out! I also know that anything that has been around the cat and hasn't been washed, etc. will bother me. Especially fabrics. I know she can never move home with her furniture now! Good Luck.

o

It really depends on HOW allergic a person is. I had problems with one that lived in the house. It had to become an outdoor cat. However, visiting someone home for a few hours gives me very little trouble.

Extremely allegic? Yes, even being around someone that has been holding a cat can be bothersome.

o

Yes, you could pass along cat allergens.

o

Okay, See I have two cats and mild Autism and will be moving into a group home in like 5+ years I hoped that by picking a placement with some buddy who has allergies I wouldn't be supporting cats in group homes- which I'm against because most cats in those suitations end up on really poor diets and de clawed- not to mention possible abuse from some buddy who is retarded,mentally ill or something.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here