Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bextra concerns

Posted by Seamer1 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 04 at 13:33

I just found out that Bextra is also being put on the list of meds they are concerned with causing strokes and heart attacks. I am currently on this medication. I am very worried, and wondered of a safer alternitive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bextra concerns

Have you discussed your concerns with your doctor? The latest report I've seen suggests that Celebrex is safer than Vioxx, but I'm not sure where Bextra falls into the comparisons. It may be too early to know one way or the other on these Cox2 inhibitors; in the meantime I'm staying with my Celebrex until my doctor suggests otherwise, but paying attention to any new study results too.

Here is a link that might be useful: CNN health report last week

o

Oops, may be time to make that phone call to our doctors. CNN this morning is making Celebrex sound like not such a good deal either....

Here is a link that might be useful: Increased risk but also at high doses

o

I've been thinking of getting off of Bextra. By 9pm I am so tired, can't even stay up until 10 to watch my 9:00 shows. I want my Vioxx back!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here