Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
adjustable beds

Posted by deb_fl (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 31, 07 at 11:35

does anyone have that type of bed?...
My brother has 3 slipped disc and had many operations with no relief.
He was asking me about the adjustable beds and if I knew anyone that has one.

Which I don't ... so seeing if anyone here has one and if they like it or think it's worth cking out?

tia
debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: adjustable beds

I have lower back problems also. My sister had a Craftmatic which she found very comfortable, but I couldn't get the bed to provide the proper knee support.

I have a Select Comfort bed which I find pretty comfortable. They had a showroom in my town, so I was able to try it out before I bought it.

Hope he finds something that works for him.

o

We have the adjustable Temperedic beds. Husband wanted them because he had trouble with the shoulder blades and hip bones on the regular mattress cause he is so thin. he also has a tendency to choke at night sometimes so being able to elevate his head helps. I like it because I stay congested and I like to raise my knees up just a little. I would say the support of the mattress as well as the raising of it would both be equally important.

If you go to the Furniture forum, I think there are posts about mattresses and beds, check those out.

o

We too have the adjustable Temperpedic. We got the king size, which is essentially 2 twin size next to each other. Best mattress & bed purchase we ever made. Lifting the head and knees to any height you want is easy. For me, since I am used to putting a pillow under my knees, I still do it even though I have the knee part lifted. I usually sleep with the bed flat, but I read and watch tv in an adjusted position, and I also use the adjusted position when my sinuses bother me and interrupt my sleep. When my back bothers me, it is a godsend. But this kind of thing may not be for everybody. Go to a store where you can try it out for a few minutes. We love the T-pedic, but we know at least one couple who had a problem with it. I can't imagine anybody not wanting an adjustable bed, though.

o

Kinds off topic but haus proud - where do you get your sheets? I think you may have the same size we do - two California twins that are on one frame. Extra long twins fit in length but are too wide. Then using a Queen top sheet isn't quite wide enough but the king is too wide. Same situation with comforters. I am tired on not having the right fit.

o

My neighbor bought one and she said it was a big mistake, cost her $5,000.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here