Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
smelly urine

Posted by deb_pa (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 24, 11 at 9:42

Not a subject I care to talk about but my daughter asked me to see if I could find anything out. She is 30 with a 4 year old and a 1 year old. When she eats seafood or garlic (which she loves both) her urine smells of those foods. It's smell goes back to normal within 12 to 24 hours. Is this a health problem or just normal for some people? It started doing this between the birth of the children. She does get regular gyny checkups and is ok there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: smelly urine

This is a normal thing. She probably didn't notice it before, or she is eating more seafood or garlic now. She's also older.

There are other foods that do this.

o
RE: smelly urine

If I recall, asparagus can also produce a noticeable odor in the urine...

Sounds normal to me, especially since the odor goes away...

Carrie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here