SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wodka

Help!

wodka
16 years ago

In 2003 my husband was critically ill, but survived, thank God. Then we had to place his father in a nursing home. Then we found out my father had lung cancer. He went into remission, had a stroke, then died last year. In 2005 we lost everything we owned to Katrina. Also during this time, menopause came at me full force. Just recently my nailbeds in both hands developed horizontal indentations.

I take thyroid medication, Effexor for depression, and Lipitor for high cholesterol (Crestor worked better but insurance didn't cover it) and have gained so much weight. The latest ailment has been joint pain. When I get up in the mornings one foot is painful to even stand on for a few minutes. To say that I am miserable (physically) is an understatement.

Oh, one other thing. I was decorating the Christmas tree the other day and all of a sudden, almost fainted. The rining in the ears, the aura. I was able to sit down and catch my breath, but it was a weird feeling.

I go for labwork this Friday and meet the doctor for results next Monday. I am going to ask him to take me off of Effexor, and possibly the Lipitor, and give me a chance to try to get weight and cholesterol down on my own. The only thing that is depressing me is my weight. Hopefully, he won't find anything serious. I'm 57.

One happy note - we spent the last year having our new house built and moved in a few weeks ago. I feel like if I can just feel better physically, everything will be better. When it hurts to move, just about everything I do is difficult.

Anyone else feel like me? What do you do about it? Thanks you.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm