Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Information on anyone having MRSA

Posted by carmen_grower_2007 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 10, 10 at 8:59

My son-in-law has it and now my daughter also does. I understood that 90% of people have the bacteria on their bodies so anyone can get it. Seems if that is true it is a pretty big coincidence that two people in the same family have it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Information on anyone having MRSA

MRSA is a highly contagious, antibiotic resistant staph infection and must be aggressively treated with more current types of antibiotics to rid the patient of the infection. Anyone coming in contact with the infection itself, or the body fluids of one who has this staff infection, risks infecting themselves. Both your son-in-law and daughter should be under a doctor's care. Patients who contract MRSA while in a hospital are automatically quarantined until the infection is cured...and patient visitors must wear disposable gowns, surgical masks and gloves if they wish to visit a MRSA patient.

Please take heed [and care] if you're visiting your daughter while she and her husband are still infected. Their use of antibiotics does not preclude your becoming infected if you're not cautious and don't use the preventive measures mentioned above. The only way to assure that they're cured is by a laboratory blood test indicating that their white blood cells are back within a normal range.

Anne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here