Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tooth pull and on blood thinner

Posted by Catlady15 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 16, 04 at 8:34

does anyone know if they can pull my tooth because i have been up all nite with two of teeth hurting so so bad.I am on blood thinner and a aspirn a day.Can they pull them .I need help today.I am already on antibodic and pain med and nothing helps.I am in alot of pain.Thanks Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tooth pull and on blood thinner

Judy, my dad has to take a blood thinner but he was asked not to take it for a day or so before he had back surgery. I think you may be able to not take it just for today.... ask your dentist and also your doctor who prescribes the blood thinner -- don't just take my word for it.

Jen

o

I might be too late - but Judy, I take blood thinners too. Ask your dentist what he recommends. They are very familiar with the situation as many folks take blood thinners. I've had dental work done with no problem. Dentists have local bleed-reduction stuff. But tooth pulling may be more bleeding than they want you to go through. Call your dentist and ask. He or she may want to check with your physician about your specifics also.

o

i wanted to thank everone for their time.i turned out noone wanted to touch me unless i went in the hospital and came off blood thinner 5 days before they did any thing.i have been in LOTS of pain.So now my heart dr took me off and kept me on a aspirn and now i can start my teeth work,but i am trying to decide to try to keep my top teeth or just have them pulled and put false ones in.i have nothing but teeth aches all the time.i have several just broke off to the gum,they are very soft.one dentist told me she would if she was me just pull all that is left and use a plate [false] for the top,than my medical dr said let them replace the broken ones with a tooth that they use a screw to place in there.the brokens ares are what they call my eye teeth,or vein teeth.so i will have to decide.but i keep a tooth ache and it hurts to eat anything.seems all the nerves are on the tips of all my teeth.judy

o

My husband had oral surgery and was told not to take aspirin for a few days before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here