Hair Dandruff & Dry

Posted by rosabearr (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 14, 08 at 1:02

What works to make it health again

I have short curly hair.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hair Dandruff & Dry

Different products work different for everybody,so you may have to try a few before you find one that works for you.

Start with like,Head and Shoulders,Neutragena T-gel,or Selsun blue.If that still doesnt work you may have another problem like Seborrheic Dermatitis and should consult a dermatologist.

o

I tried all of the products that the previous poster mentioned but the dandruff didn't clear up until I used Nizoral. It was a little more expensive than the others, but not all that much and I don't have to use it very often to maintain the results. I found it at Fred Meyer, but imagine it is at most drug stores.

o

T-Gel was/is the only product that has worked for me. Something to do with the ingredient coal tar.

o

I when to Neurogena website they had a special page to help choose the best product for my hair. I got One with Necutar and coal tar. My hair is much better now.

o

Start by drinking more water and making sure your living quarters have the right moisture level. Try to use warm but not hot water when shampooing. The hot water dries out the pores. Tegrin is very good for both dandruff and dryness. Work on the dandruff first, eliminate that and then you can use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner after the dandruff is settled. Make sure your hair is completely rinsed thoroughly. Any residue makes it worse.

o

There are many products which are available for dandruff. I would suggest to use minoxidil 15 for better health of hair and it also help to reduce dandruff and keep your hair stylish.

o

Yes you are right that Different products work different for everybody,so you may have to try a few before you find one that works for you. Start with like,Head and Shoulders,Neutragena T-gel,or Selsun blue.If that still doesnt work you may have another problem like Seborrheic Dermatitis and should consult a dermatologist.

Here is a link that might be useful: Building Material Testing Lab   

o

I have a scalp problem instead of a hair problem. My dermatologist prescribed cloebetasol lotion. That is the only thing that helped. I have used it for a couple of years now and it doesn't help anymore. It now causes the same problems I want to control. I think that is called "rebounding". I believe my scalp problem is due to a side effect of unknowingly taking a PPI for 4 months. Sometimes side effect from meds do not go away when you quit taking them.

o

hi rosabearr here best hair herbs for healthy hair

Here is a link that might be useful: HAIR HERBS FOR HEALTHY HAIR

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here