SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

This season's cold/flu symptoms

jenn
18 years ago

My husband has been sick all week with what seemed at first to be a cold, then all of a sudden on the 3rd day he awoke with a very high fever of 103.5 with chills and aches and chest congestion. The next day, the chest congestion was gone but he still had a low fever and a lot of head congestion. Now it seems to be like a bad head cold with a low-grade fever hovering around 99°.

Several years ago I had the flu which came on very suddenly with a high fever on the first day and lasted for 4 days after that. I went to bed one night feeling perfectly fine, and awoke the next morning feeling like a truck ran over me during the night and I had a fever of 103° for almost 4 days. This one seems to peak after the 2nd day of what we thought was a cold, and then ends with what appears to be a cold. The flu-like symptoms are the high fever and weakness, but a flu typically begins with a sudden onset instead of gradually getting worse like he did this week. He is 75% back to normal now, thank goodness.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this pattern this season?

Jen

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!