Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tumor on the upper thigh

Posted by dustyknees (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 29, 06 at 20:53

i thought it kind of odd when i first saw the neighbor lady wearing baggy jogging pants.she had never done that in all the 20 years i've known her. then yesterday she told me what i guess explained it. she had gone to a doctor about the lump on her leg she said that had been growing for over 3 years. he told her that it was a tumor. a non spreading type.he didn't perform any tests. so how could he know that it doesn't spread? she said she was in the doctor's office less than 10 minutes and charged her $85.00. he had his secretary make an oppointment for her to see a surgeon friday. i said the lump is not as big as a baseball is it? she sort of smilled and said 'bigger than that'. she's only in her 30's. i wanted to say, why didn't you see a doctor when it first started growing?!?
has anyone here ever experienced anything like that? makes me wonder what she'll have to endure and about her future.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tumor on the upper thigh

Things like that do make you wonder, don't they!! I guess she just kept thinking that it would go away. Some people are just afraid to go see a doctor.

The surgeon that removes it will be the one to send it to the lab to determine if there is any chance that it is malignant. It probably isn't. A doctor can usually tell by feel if a tumor is suspicious. A growth under the skin is a fairly common thing. What's unusual about this one, is that she ignored it for so long.

She probably will have no problem with it other than letting the incision heal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here