Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4th stage lung cancer???

Posted by ShirleyAnn (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 14, 03 at 20:43

Does anyone know what this means exactly? My friend is very ill with lung cancer....
Thanks....
Shirleyann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4th stage lung cancer???

It's basically a very advanced form of cancer. Stage 0 or 1 would be in the beginning and is best when they catch it then. By this point it most likely has spread to other areas of the body.

Good luck to you and your friend and I hope she is comfortable. You are in our prayers!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lung cancer information

o

The stages have to do with how the cancer has spread. In general, Stage 1 is at the beginning, when the cancer area is still well defined, and the cancer has not broken into the rest of the organ affected or into the outside body. If found at Stage 1, or even a bit later, cancer can often be treated by surgery and other treatments.

Stage 4 is usually the most serious stage, when the cancer is not well defined and has spread outside the original organ affected.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

o

FYI, the lung cancer link Phyllis_Philodendron linked to in her message isn't going to the right page. I've included a link to the correct page below. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.plwc.org/lung

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here