Posted by clubm (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 11 at 19:55

Has anyone taken Arestin shots for gum disease? Its where
the dentist injects a antibotic called Arestin into
yours gums. Thxs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gum Disease....

DH had them a few yrs. ago. I wondered why when he went to the Dentist, it took almost 2 hrs. for me it's less than an hour.
They were soaking him for $300 each visit! Not covered by insurance of course. I strongly advised him not to continue with it, and when he went next time, they gave him a really hard time about it. They even tried some weird stuff on me on my next visit.

I made up my mind that if I had any issues with them trying to pressure me into anything, I'd find another dentist. The rest of DH's family has gone elsewhere, thanks to her sales pitches.

My teeth would have to be in pretty bad shape to go for this treatment, and Dh's weren't bad either. He has a small amount of 'pockets' but after he refused, they've continued to treat him w/regular cleanings. I guess if your teeth are in really bad condition consider it, but be ready to pay dearly for it. I'm motivated to brush and floss daily to avoid seeing my dentist more than twice a yr. for routine cleanings! Good luck with your teeth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here