SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawna_gw

Pain under my arm - need your thoughts

dawna
17 years ago

I know that the most common answer is to go see a physician to find out what this is - I will. I am going to make an appointment. But I wanted to get an idea from you to see if anyone else has experienced this and to write it down because I am really scared right now.

About 3 or 4 years ago, I noticed tenderness on the side of my right breast - closer to my armpit than the breast itself. It usually caused me discomfort around my period.

To this day I still have this discomfort however, now, it is becoming more noticeable and sometimes cause my arm to be uncomfortable. It sometimes feels like it is cutting off circulation. And note that the breast on that side is larger than the right side (which I know is somewhat normal but it is pretty noticeable).

I talked to my Dad a couple of nights ago and he reminded me of all the fatty (non-cancerous) cysts and tumors he has all over his body and that my Grandmother (his Mom) and his sister both have the same issues.

I just talked to my Mom and asked her about our history on that side. Sure enough, my Great-aunts (my Mom's Mom's sisters) have had breast cancer that was detected in their later years (60's and 70's) and a couple of them died from it.

I am 34 years old, a slight bit overweight (but exercising daily to get healthier) and overall healthy. I am just really scared right now that it is breast cancer - or any kind of cancer. Or could it just be a benign cyst or fatty tumor.

Again, I know that seeing a doctor is the overall answer and that is my next step. But, what would you say about this?

Comments (3)

Sponsored