Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has any one used a Full Spectrum Sun Lamp-for SAD

Posted by just1morehosta (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 25, 09 at 16:50

Hi, I have just spent hours looking up the Full Spectrum Definition Sun Lamp,for Sad.
There are at least 5 to choose from,and as usual, I do not know which would be the best to buy.
Have any of you used these,and if yes, which one do you use,likes and dislikes please.
Thank you so much,too many choices,ha ha
cAROL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has any one used a Full Spectrum Sun Lamp-for SAD

I have used one for over a year. Got great results. Felt better within a few days. It's important to use it in the morning. It will "reset" your internal clock so that seratonin is increased (evens out your moods) and the melatonin (what makes you sleepy)is suppressed during the daytime hours. There is a lot of research out there on this. It can be just as effective for treating depression (SAD)as an SSRI.

I bought mine from Sunsation website. It is still working great. Customer service is fantastic. Worth every penny. I'll never give up my 20 minutes every morning with my lamp.

Here is their website. http://www.lightbox4therapy.com/index.html

o
RE: Has any one used a Full Spectrum Sun Lamp-for SAD

Thank you ccjc,
I looked up the site you mentioned,and it is very informative.Lots of good information there.
Still don't know which box is best, the one you have is quite costly,but i guess you get what you pay for eh.
Since this is a gift, it is just a bid over my budget.
I copied a lot of the info.thank you once again.
cAROL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here