SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
berkishere

Microscopic Colitis

berk
10 years ago

Has any one else told they have this? I all ready have over a 40,000 hospital and doctor bills from the pain from this, and no insurance and have no idea how will will ever get the bills paid. Now the gastroligist tells me this is what I have and it is very rare only 999 in 100,000 will get it, they don't know what causes it and there is no cure! No warning when the pain and diahhrea will hit me again, I have all ready lost 40 lbs. from this in a year, 2 episodes before I found out what I have! He said therer is only 2 medicnes to take to keep it at bay and they both cost $900 a month and I would have to take one a day for the rest of my life! He also told me when I get on Medicare in Feb. they won't pay for it either. I was on hydrocone for my arthritis then my doctor said she was no longer able to prescribe it, but I ask the specalist WHY it stopped the pain from this and he said oh it wil! If you can get your family doctor to prescribe it and something to stop the diahreah when it hits it will help, but it will happen over and over again for the rest of your life. Well she said she couldn't do that!! Any ideas on what to do now??? The pain and diahreah are unreal for about 5 weeks!!! TY

Comments (2)

Sponsored