Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help in Pa

Posted by MARK0804 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 14:08

I've taken every otc pain relief out there only thing that works is percocet or Vicodin but doctor won't prescribe until after MRI that's not for 2 weeks! Gave me muscle relaxers and anti inflammatory which doesn't help. Anyone help with percocet or Vicodin?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help in Pa

It is a narcotic, very addictive. It was prescribed for me for pain and if I had taken it and needed more I would have had to pick up a new prescription from the doc each time. I did not take it after googling it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Information

o

I know all about it, my doctor won't refill my prescription until after my MRI which isn't for 2 weeks! I am wondering if anyone has percocet or vicodin they want to get rid of until my doctor refills my prescription, I willing to do almost anything because it's the only thing that helps for the pain!

o

Mark try Tylenol and Aspirin mixed. And go to the ER for help if that doesn't do the trick.

o

I know all about it, my doctor won't refill my prescription until after my MRI which isn't for 2 weeks! I am wondering if anyone has percocet or vicodin they want to get rid of until my doctor refills my prescription, I willing to do almost anything because it's the only thing that helps for the pain!

o

I've done tylenol and aspirin, plus gone to ER 3 times in the last month for my back and shoulder! My back I have 3 bulged disc which I've had 6 epidural injection shots performed. My shoulder my labrum was detached from the bone they reattached with 2 screws, now the doctor believes the screws have become loose! My shoulder constantly feels like I'm being stabbed with a knife

o

How about a pain clinic? Does the ER refer you to a pain clinic, or are they treating you like an addict? Because from the desperation in your message, it sounds like you are an addict. Nobody in their right mind is going to give you or sell you what you are asking for. You need to check yourself into a clinic. If you can tell me what city is closest to you I am happy to find someplace for you to call or go. There are agencies that can help you. I believe you are in pain but that you are also addicted to narcotics. Please get help.

o

Sameboat, the pain clinic is who did the injections I finally found the right combination with your suggestion and Mobic but, thanks for your concern I really appreciate it. I also had a cortisone injection in my shoulder today!

o

now one can give you meds like that. You are probably already addicted. I have a friend who shakes when she does without hers. I think she quit when she realized that she was addicted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here