SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Weird Heart Beat Issue II

andrelaplume2
15 years ago

Well, those of you who read my prior post know that I had a weird sensation of feeling my heartbeat at night after dinner in my recliner. They did an echo and blood work and had me wear a device to monitor my heart. All tests came back normal.

The problem went a way for a while and is now back and occurring during the day as well....though not as intense.

I notice it is usually coming on after eating so you folks who thought GURD and such may have been right. I tried eliminating cafine but that does not appear to be the issue. I am 15 - 20 pounds overweight so next I should probably loose a few pounds.

I am just confused as to why this suddenly happened. I do not bring stuff up or have heartburn. My doc said something could be inflamed and to take pepsid (2 after each meal in the evening for 2 weeks) I am starting that now.

I have a hard time believing something is inflamed since there is no pain.

My symptom is that I can feel my heart beat in the center of my chest at times, anywhere from in my throat down to my stomach. Its not necesarily beating fast (80 beats a minute) or skipping beats. It just feels like its beating hard. Its annoying and at times tiresome.

I will go back to the doc, but I thought I experiment with my diet a while first.

Does any of this sound anything like any of you ever experienced?

Comments (25)

Sponsored