Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
strong urine smell ?

Posted by Jellybean (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 05 at 12:44

I have a question that I hope someone here can answer. My 6 yr old DD has an incredibly strong "odor". She is usually bathed every other evening, but lately I need to bathe her daily. I believe that it imminates from her urine...the smell is very strong of ammonia. I have done some internet research, and all points to UTI or yeast infection. But, she has no other symptoms that would lead me to believe that she has one or the other. Has anyone here experienced this, and what is it? I will bring her into the doctor this week, but I am looking for someone who may have some insight. BTW, it has been going on for a couple of months.
T.I.A.
Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: strong urine smell ?

Does she drink enough water? 6-8 glasses a day? That would be my best guess, she "leaks" and maybe it is stronger because she doesn't drink enough water?

Vickey-MN

o

Definitely have her checked by the doctor...

o

I have been having recurrent UTI's with no other symptoms than urine odor, not ammonia like but different than usual. Have a dr. do a urine test sooner rather than later.

o

I have an appt. set up for this afternoon!
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the advice!
Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here