Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
we're cold

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 13, 05 at 12:38

Hubby and I always get cold around 4 to 5 pm. We have a very comfortable house. Why are we only cold at this time of day...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: we're cold

I suspect that it's just a case of the slow down in the afternoon due to low blood sugar. Now enough to bother you, but just a general slowing down of metabolism. Then you eat supper, blood sugar goes back up and you feel warm again. Have you tried a snack or an nice cup of tea about that time of day? Try a piece of toast with a spread of peanut butter and jelly on it about 3:45 and see if it helps.
PB

o

I think it's the opposite, after you eat, all the blood goes to your stomach to digest, and you get cold. Your house is cold at that hour because it's just before sunset, and the sun's extra heating of the house is now over.

o

I can be freezing, no matter what the house temp.or how many layers I put on and then during dinner, I start warming up and by the time I'm done, I have removed some layers of clothes. My daughter does the same thing.

o

Yes, there's nothing like a cup of soup or tea when you're cold,, but not too long after a meal I'm reaching for a sweater or afghan. But I can sit in our house in the sunny afternoon, but when 4 o'clock rolls around I feel the difference and I'm cold. Forget cloudy days, I'm always cold lol!!

o

It doesn't have to be soup or tea, anything will warm me up and I stay warm the rest of the evening, but everyone is different!
I'll send warm thoughts your way. :-)

o

I get cold the first time temps drop into the 40's and don't warm up 'til spring!

We have dinner about 5:30, so if cooking anything in the oven, I try to time it for that time of day so it helps heat the attached family room. Used to keep a tea kettle going but with natural gas prices being what they are, I've stopped that.

Suzi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here