SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iloveexercise

anti-depressants

iloveexercise
15 years ago

So I have been on (10mg) Lexapro for the last 7 months.I went on it after I quit smoking cigarettes in March.I felt I was having some left over anxiety that wasnt going away so my doc prescribed it.(without insurance it costs a whooping 110 dollars a month,but that's a whole nother post in itself!)

It definitely helped with my anxiety,but made me feel kinda zombish as well.I swear I have not cried ONE single time in 7 months.I find it harder to sympathize with people too.At first I lost weight on it,then started gaining.I noticed alot of hair falling out too and acne (which I have learned are both side effects)

Since I have done so well not smoking,I decided I dont really need to be on this anymore and have started slowly trying to wean myself off.(no I did not talk to my doctor because I'm quite sure he would try to keep me on it,and I dont want to be on it!)

I cut down to 5mg (half a pill) a day for about a month.Then this week I stopped altogether.And boy,did I ever pick a bad time to quit!

I guess I'am expriencing "withdrawals": hot flashes,mood swings,dizziness,serious fatigue,depression...

It has been 5 days,and today has been better,I'm not quite as grouchy.But the first 3 days all I could do to ease my suffering was sleep!

This is worse then quitting the cigarettes!!! I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has had any trouble coming off anti-depressants and if you have any advice or know about how long this will last?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (11)

Sponsored