Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EDTA for elevated lead .....?

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 12:10

I just had tests done for heavy metals both before & after 'flushing'. The pre- flushing urine levels were normal but after 'flushing' w/DMSA, the lead levals were very high. Meaning I guess that I am not now being exposed to heavy metals (lead) but in the past I have & it is in my tissues. Am wondering if chelation now is warranted & if anyone has has it done? If so, what were your reactions to the chelation? Have no idea where I was exposed to lead many years ago ... well water, old pipes, etc. nor if it is affecting my health now!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EDTA for elevated lead .....?

Lead is an essential mineral in very small amounts but once it reaches a higher level is is toxic [plumbism] It can cause many ailments learning disabilities, kidney disease, stunted bone growth, head aches and gastrointestinal disease.
To help vitamin C chelation with calcium EDTA at 10 - 25 infusion and/or oral D-penicillamine
One caution is that you might pull out other essential minerals especially selenium at the same time so supplement with essential minerals at the same time you use chelation

o

Am not sure which would be more dangerous: high lead tissue levels or the chelation w/ EDTA or DMSA?!
Will have to see what I can learn I guess before deciding .. Am really stressed!

o

You need to find out what is considered a normal amount. I am sure we all have toxins in us. Also make sure you use a doctor for tests not some one who does treatments like chelation for a business. My sis bought into doing the enemas and taking 72 pills a day to remove toxins from her body. She doesn't use regular doctors, just doctors online who sells stuff and believes like she believes. Having enema treatments can be fatal if you are punctured.

Here is a link that might be useful: About lead in the body

This post was edited by EmmaR on Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 20:47

o

EmmaR:
This doctor is both an MD & also Alternative Medicine so is trained & thinks both ways. The tests were sent & done by a Lab back east & the lead results of the old stored ?tissue lead levels were 4-5 times the normal level but the current free lead levels were very low/normal so the 'flushing' levels were of lead acquired in the past but still in the body.

o

Thank you for that explanation. There are so many things out there that can harm us, especially if we are exposed as a child. The doc gave me a prescription for acid indigestion, when I researched the med I clicked on the med, a pop up came up with a warning. It said "for seniors be aware this will add to the build of aluminum that you already have in your body." I did not take it. Last year I read that the chemical triclosan in dial antibacterial hand soap might be pulled from the market because if is being found in human bodies and in our water. When they do that I think those levels are probably to high.

o

EmmaR:
Yes, so many additives in what we buy/use! I never use bactericidal soap ... I either buy & use the alcohol hand cleaners (have them everywhere: car, bathroom, kitchen, etc.!!) or 10% chlorox by the kitchen sink for rinsing the chopping block, fruits, veggies, etc. Having worked in a hospital for years, I can't get over being some sort of a 'germophobe' I guess.. but still am around them enough in daily life to keep up my immunity! How did we survive in the 'old days' w/o the sanitation we now have.. hmm?! Didn't have so many resistant bugs' then either I guess?

o

Veija We lived with things like salmonella, under cooked meat and hundreds of other things they now say are bad for you. I don't believe half of what they advise. Someone in here said if you ingest one little bit of a raw egg it can kill or make you very sick, not sure now of the details. Things like that scare people and they believe it all. Now they are saying don't wash your turkey before you cook it because you will spread bad things on your counter top and sink. B*******! My family still makes home made ice cream with raw eggs. My favorite drink in Peru was Pisco Sours and they had raw egg whites in them. Of course the alcohol was potent, so it would probably kill anything dangerous. LOL I eat what I want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here