Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
inflamation

Posted by pearlgirl (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 24, 10 at 9:21

I have frequent soreness in my upper back/shoulder blades.
Sometimes it hurt when I walk/cough. Creams don't work, nor
does heat. Does anyone have this problem? I do a lot of
gardening. What can I do to help this problem?

Margaret

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: inflamation

You may have a pinched nerve/muscle or vertebra. See your doctor for an X-ray first. Also a good physiotherapist or acupuncturist will help ease the pain. The physio will also give you exercises to do to strengthen those areas. Applying heat is also helpful.Stretching exercices like stretching, yoga and definitely tai chi are also beneficial. (been there, I hear you loud and clear).
And... working on a computer all day doesn't help lol

o
RE: inflamation

It sounds more like strained muscles than pinched nerve, pinched nerves would cause more of a popping/pinpoint pain that is constant, not just frequent. Pulled muscles are more spread out (not necessarily a large area, but not a pinpointed spot) and that requires ice, not heat.

I agree with the frequent stretching and excercise, this should help relieve it, but definitely ice the area down if it feels more like a pulled muscle than a pinched nerve. They require completely different treatments.

Google pinched nerve and pulled muscle and figure out which yours sounds more like. Weird, I know, but I don't want you to do the wrong treatment on yourself.

Happy holidays!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here