Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best supplemental plan to use with Medicare

Posted by jleek (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 27, 10 at 7:51

Can anyone decipher what would be the best supplemental plan to use along with Medicare. I am in Mass. and Harvard Pilgrim Seniority has been canceled for me. I am 67 yrs, high blood pressure, cholestral, glaucoma recently laid off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best supplemental plan to use with Medicare

when I had to sign up I called my mom to see what she used because I knew she didn't pay anything except premiums of course and didn't have to do paper work. That's what I wanted...it was Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I have never regretted it.

o

Talk to your medical staff and see what insurance company they have the least trouble with. Also do you have a senior citizen center? Check with a pharmacy. Also there should be a medicare representative avaiable to help out. You were give a 800 number to call in your book from medicare.

o

I would second what mariend said. All Blue Cross is not the same and also differs from state to state. You need to find what pays well in your area and with your doctors and medical facilities. Good luck!

o

thanks

o

If you go to www.medicare.gov you'll be able to search Medicare supplemental health plans available to you in your zip code. It's quite a user-friendly site.

You should also have a Medicare Part D plan for drugs.

Massachusetts may be one of the states that helps with the cost of your premiums and/or co-payments for drugs.

o

I have aarp and I love it.It started out at $67.00 and it has climb to $111.00 amonth in ten years.It 's worth it no hassle.I probably could get cheaper but doctors will not give you the best service because the cheap insurances are slow payers .This was told to me by my doctor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here