Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blisters near injury . . .

Posted by PastBlessings (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 3:41

Not sure if I should be concerned or not. A week ago I had an accident with my table saw that left me having surgery on my hand . . . my ring finger was cut through the bone and then tendon damaged. Two other fingers were badly cut as well. During the surgery, they put a rod in the finger with the fractured bone, repaired the tendon and stiitched up all three fingers . . . over 30 stitches. It has been very painful, but I can see progress. But now I have spots on my finger . . . near, but not where there are injuries . . . these spots are red like burns and have small blisters on the outer edges. I am wondering if they are a reaction to the tape? My only other thought is if it could be an allergic reaction of some sort . . . during my time in the ER, I had a severe anaphalaxis reaction to the IV antibiotic . . . throat swelled, couldn't swallow, severe itching . . . very terrifying. Just wondering if I should be concerned about these red burn like spots with blisters.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blisters near injury . . .

Absolutely go and be seen. It could be an allergic reaction or in infection starting. Don't wait. It could be nothing, OR something serious that you have to catch in time. Any type of open sore or injury is prone to infection. Don't wait. A blood infection can take you down quick.

o

Go to the ER it could be a hospital infection that will take forever to heal. My friend got one when she had a cut repaired on her hand. She fought it for at least 9 months.

o

PB, I have been thinking of you. Have you seen a doctor? I hope all is well with you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here