Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find diabetic recipes for Easy Bake Oven?

Posted by liketolearn (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 26, 04 at 2:06

My niece wants an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas. She's diabetic though and would not be able to eat most of the food that comes in the mixes.

I have looked on the web and found some recipes for the Easy Bake Oven but none of them provide the information needed about carbs so these recipes won't help (though it is lot less costly than buying mixes).

Anyone know where I can find Easy Bake Oven recipes designed for diabetics or that list the carb/nutritional information? She's 7 years old and would really have a great time with the Easy Bake Oven if I can find some recipes that she make and eat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find diabetic recipes for Easy Bake Oven?

"none of them provide the information needed about carbs"

They provide ingredients, right? From there, you can use any diabetic cook book to figure out the units.

o
RE: Where to find diabetic recipes for Easy Bake Oven?

Email the company that makes the oven (Mattel ?). They may have recipes or they may not realive there is a need. Whoever they paid to make the recipes.mixes you can find should be able to adapt them for you.

They may also be able to tell you if you can use the recipes in any diabetic cookbook int he oven.
Janie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here