SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cateyanne

help! labwork in a.m. forgot...

cateyanne
16 years ago

I would appreciate someone's opinion. I am scheduled for lab work at 9:00a.m. tomorrow. I was told to fast for 12 hours with only water. I totally forgot when at 10:00 p.m. my husband offered me 1/2 of his candy bar! What a dunce, chocolate in front of my face and I forgot I was even fasting, until just now. I should have stopped all food at 9:00, does anyone know if I have messed up this test? It wouldn't be such a big deal but I had to take time off from work and that won't be easy to do again. I can't call the office and ask the nurse until after the time I should be at work. I don't normally have this kind of thing done so I am unfamiliar with how strict that 12 hour time is. anyone with more experience who can offer help? I'd much appreciate it. Oh, and when they say water-do you know if there is a limit? It was so hot and I practically drank a whole bottle between 9 and 10 this evening. I started thinking maybe I was just supposed to have a sip if necessary. I don't know what type of tests are being done. The nurse just said they'd take some blood and urine sample and I'd be out in 20 minutes. I'm assuming they will e checking cholesterol and blood sugar levels at least.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor