Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Joint, Muscle and bone Pain

Posted by LovingBeingGrandma (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 23:13

I have been in constant pain for months now. I get up in the morning and I can barely walk. My hands, elbows, hips, knees and feet hurt so much that it wakes me up at night. If I sit for any period of time, it is very difficult to get up.
I was laid off several weeks ago and now I am worried that if it keeps getting worse , I may not be able to go back to work. Had tons of tests for RA and Lupus. everything came back as normal. I'm not crazy, I'm in pain. what's wrong with me?
I'm 64, had total hysterectomy 10 years ago.
This is nothing new, I used to have bouts of it as a kid. I hurt so bad I couldn't walk and even a sheet touching my skin hurt. It quit for a long time after I had my son but is now back with a vengeance. I can't take Motrin or Ibuprofen due to horrible allergic reactions to bug bites or grass or just about anything. Tylenol Arthritis doesn't touch it. My joints feel like they are loaded with broken glass or frequently hot stabbing pain.. Anybody else have these kinds of symptoms? Any ideas on a cause?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Joint, Muscle and bone Pain

What other prescription medications do you take?

o

If you take chloresteral meds that could be the problem. I have a neighbor who was crippled by those meds. He is in a wheel chair now.

o

Any pain in bones and joints is a sign of a calcium deficiency. Most people are calcium deficient. This can be turned around with a good supplement like Youngevity

o

Have yourself checked for gout. Women do get it and can cause the feelings you describe.

Your description sounds like what I had several years ago. Hurt so bad that I hated to put my feet on anything much less walk. It eventually disappeared but I had some relief using regular aspirin and aspercreme. Hope it disappears for you.

o

I had the exact thing happen to me three years ago but I was 39. I don't have RA and was also tested for Lupus and Crohns a few times, both negative. I was on DMARDs and started reacting to them. I went the natural route and elimination diet solved my problems. It was amazing. Do you want me to e-mail you? I remember the feeling like yesterday - skin felt like a bout with the flu was about to start - if you even touched my arm hair it hurt, can't close hands, can't use them, feet felt like marbles were in them, barely being able to stand but if you sat as long as 15 minutes your joints would seize up, sleeping was painful but you are too tired to stay awake...My Rheumatologist didn't recommend I take this route but he sees it working and encourages and enquires about my diet every time I see him to keep tabs on my bloodwork as it now clear of any inflammation markers.

o

Sounds like just what my husband went threw and it turned out to be his cholestrol medicine! They did over $600 worth of blood work, and she told him to stop taking his prevast and by morning he was feeling 99% better and now feels great! All the blood work turned out fine too! Wish she would have just took him off it then did blood work!!!

o

Berk, I let my doctor talk me into trying it. It wasn't long before I had pain in my lower back that was bad when I got up in the mornings, I wanted to scream. It felt like someone was sticking an ice pick in my back. My doctor said it couldn't cause pain like that, but it stopped when I stopped taking the med. My step daughter had back surgery for her pain and it came back. She was on cholestrol meds and turned white when I told her about my experience with it. She probably didn't need the surgery.

o

My husband experienced the same pains and also memory loss. It was the statin drug for cholestoral. He heard another man talking about it and he just quit taking it immediately. That was the problem. We now find out that our brains need some of that cholestoral. Hope you try getting off of that stuff and let us know if that was it.

o

There was a report in our local paper that doctors have been advised to prescribe these drugs to high risk patients only. My sis went into get her presc refilled and she had to fill out paper work to get it.

o

I am on no RX's but I feel the same way you do. Intense joint pain. Feet hurt like crazy, calf cramps although I drink lots of water all day long. Intense back pain and trouble sleeping. I thought gout only affected the legs.

o

If you drink lots of water you may be drinking too much. Water removes the minerals and vitamins that are necessary for the body to function. Loss of minerals such as calcium and sodium can cause leg problems among other things.

o

My brother has gout, and if he gets a relatively minor injury -- for example, this spring he dropped something on his foot -- then the gout recurs at the site of the new injury within a day or two.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here