SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann23456

What would you do?

joann23456
19 years ago

I went to the endodontist for an abcessed tooth, and it turned out to be my lower right wisdom tooth. (I have all my wisdom teeth.) She opened it up and it's draining now.

I have an appointment in two weeks to finish the root canal. After that, the tooth will need a crown. I also have some other dental work that needs to be done within the next year or so.

So, my question is - would you have the root canal and crown, or would you have it pulled?

If I have it done, it's going to cost about $1,800. I can afford it, but it's a lot of money.

I know that most people don't have their wisdom teeth. But I do. My parents spent a lot of hard-earned money to make sure I had good teeth, and I've tried to keep that up.

Plus, I inherited bad teeth. Mom's and Dad's teeth were all gone by the time they were 30. My dentist always compliments me on my cleaning and flossing, but I always seem to have something going on with my teeth. (My sister and brother - who grew up with flouridated water - do not have bad teeth.)

In a way, I think I should keep this tooth in case another one needs to be pulled and I need a supporting tooth for a crown.

So, what would you do? I'm just looking for opinions. Obviously, I'll make my own decision.

Comments (6)

Sponsored