SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrie630

Re: UTI - to antibiotic or not?

carrie630
13 years ago

I am a little confused:

I went to my doctor recently because I felt a bit tired. I was curious about my B12 levels and then thought - hey, also check my urine for possible infection (I felt a bit tired, but never felt pain)

Turns out she called today and said there were a few white blood cells in my urine and gave me a choice: Take an antibiotic or NOT....

Since I was driving at the time she called and couldn't think straight (wondering WHY there was an "option") I quickly said okay, I'll take the antibiotic (it had been a long time since I had needed one and have never really had problems with them in the past)

But... the antibiotic is CIPRO and I am reading tons of posts about this antibiotic - many saying that it can rupture tendons, cause joint pains (which are long lasting) and other bad side effects.

i don't understand that there is an "option" if I have any kind of infection (even though there are only a few white blood cells)

I will call tomorrow and get an appointment with her on Friday (she's off on Thurs) and see what she meant.

Isn't this a bit confusing?

Thanks

Carrie

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors