Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
homocysteine help?

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 21:37

I recently found out my blood homocysteine level is high & that this can lead to strokes, heart attacts, Alzheimers, etc. Anyone have this problem & if so, what can be done about it? This had never been tested on me before with many, many lab tests I have had done & only recently did one Dr. order it on me. I go get some medicine from this doctor tomorrow so shall see what he has prescribed. He is an MD as well as a Doctor in Alternitive Medicine. I have had reactive hypoglycemia for years (blood sugar drops too quickly after a meal... have to have something sweet handy then) but only this doctor has put me on chromium picolinate... no more after meal tremors, weakness nor craving for sweets after just one week taking this! I was not a real believer in alternative medicine but I may become change!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: homocysteine help?

Glad it works! I was going to suggest you cut back on sugar until I read the rest of your post. Pretty simple solution!!I tried lot of herbs & stuff for migraines-no help then I read that kids have to take an herb-Butterbur I had my allergy dr. check it out(didn't want to at 1st- I told him you will have many patients desperate soon as they took MIdrin off the market(can be compounded) after I insisted & my dr was asking them to try & help me. Anyway this herb is wonderful & I'm about 80% better!! After some yrs some kids no longer need it & don't have any more headaches., they sure are slow at letting the public know about it tho. Like the cream diet for seizures ,Hollywood producer watched his little boy go down hill so badly & found the "cure" at John Hopkins Hospital but not until older person took him aside & gave it to him, so they didn't want to give it up either. he was furious when he went back to son's drs. Their answer, it's all about "politics"(politics=money-can't get rich if patient gets cured!!) Oath they take apparently doesn't mean much any more!!.

o
RE: homocysteine help?

There is considerable controversy as to the validity of elevated homocysteine as an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease.

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/Mobile/article.aspx?articleid=195433

Increased folic acid, B6 and B12 intake can help reduce levels if you are so inclined.

This post was edited by zeitgast on Wed, Oct 23, 13 at 23:17

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here