o
Assessing Risk For Heart Disease And Stroke

Posted by sager66 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 18, 09 at 21:19

Article link . . PLAC Test

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Assessing Risk For Heart Disease And Stroke

Before subjecting yourself to genetic testing, I think you should ask yourself how much you want to know and what it will do for you. My Dr. wanted to know if my high cholesterol was coming from my food or was genetic. He didn't tell me that I was also going to find out my risk for alzheimers and heart attack/stroke. I already knew that being diabetic I was at higher risk for those conditions. I didn't need to know that my genetics put me in a high risk catagory and there is not much I can do about it that I wasn't already doing. My kids weren't thrilled either.

o

Your blood pressure must be in control & diabetes too.
If you want to relieve yourself from this risk then start regular exercise so that you burn enough calories. You must also take nutritious & healthy food only ta save yourself from any heart disease.

o

Article link . . Omega 3 Test

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here