Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Else With Kidney Stones?

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 29, 10 at 20:20

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with kidney stones two or three years ago (in high school and I'm 20 now) and have been dealing with them ever since. My doctor told me to watch how much sodium and caffeine I get and to drink lots of water. The ultrasound they did at the hospital (my doctor has his own practice) showed I had grain sized stones. Despite their size, they pack some punches.

I wanted to ask if any of you experience moodiness/mood swings with them? They make me tired even if I had a good night's sleep. The only relief I get is from a heating pad or Tylenol (well the generic brand anyway). They don't bother me all the time, but when they do, oh boy.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Else With Kidney Stones?

Hi Brad,

My 20 year old nephew also suffers from kidney stones, which started when he was 18. He drinks lots of water and is a vegetarian, so eating too much protein is obviously not a contributing cause in his case. I have seen him in excruciating pain from them, so I know what you're dealing with also.

To answer your question, my nephew doesn't appear to get mood 'swings' but does tend to get kind of down when he's dealing with the pain, which I can certainly understand! I'm sure that and problems getting decent sleep are contributing to your 'moodiness.' I know that there is a medication your doctor can put you on that prevents the formation of kidney stones, but as side effects are possible with any medication, they are probably not used unless careful attention to food/drink irritants are not working.

o

Stones are made of different things. My husband was told to avoid nuts. He has had two episodes now but will still get on a "nut" kick every once in a while. Maybe one day he will learn to listen!

o

Here is a discussion on this from Billy and ET Quetzal.
In link, scroll down to just below 106

Here is a link that might be useful: Kidney Stones?

o

Looks like the link above talks about the translation from German.

Here I found some good information from Michael Horn, [USA representative] for Billy Meier.

Contact Report 216, Monday, March 16, 1987

Billy:
But something else: a doctor urged me to ask you if you could provide information about whether susceptibility to kidney stones is inheritable. In regards to these matters, quite insufficient insights still prevail among the earthly doctors, etc.; therefore, it would really be of importance if you could provide some enlightenment. You should also be certain of the thanks of the doctor.

Quetzal: That is actually the case, yes. Susceptibility to kidney stones can be inheritable through a gene-contingent, metabolic defect.

CORROBORATED:

Researchers link gene with kidney stones, bone loss in patients who absorb too much calcium - April 2002

"A team of researchers at UT Southwestern Medical Center has identified a set of genetic abnormalities that increase risk for kidney stones and could indicate increased risk for osteoporosis."

Here is a link that might be useful: General Information

o

I finally caved and started taking calcium like my doctor suggested. Two years later.....kidney stones. Two in my right kidney. I knew I shouldn't take it but had a weak moment. None of my family have ever had stones.

I don't have to worry about it anymore. I had the kidney removed 5 weeks ago by robotics and it was a breeze. I had a mass in the kidney which was cancer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here