Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sleep eating on Ambien

Posted by michelle_phxaz (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 31, 10 at 18:46

I have taken Ambien CR for a while now, and have had a few incidences of sleep eating, but it is incredibly bad now. I take my Ambien as I get in bed, sleep great, but in the morning there are plates, cups and bowls next on my nightstand and I don't remember eating it. Sometimes I even cook a casserole (last night), the leftovers are in the fridge to prove it as well as the plate by my bed. I did have one instance of driving, I went to Walmart at 3am and spent $300. Now my husband hides the keys before bed, so I know I haven't done that since.

I know Ambien has this side effect, how can I keep from sleep eating? I even made a snack before bed to feel full going to sleep, but then I made the tuna casserole when unconscious.

I work nights (8pm-4am or 10pm-6am) so I don't have a nice dinner about 3-4 hours before bed which is recommended even without Ambien.

Any other sleep-eaters out there? I would really appreciate some advice! I thought about chaining and padlocking the fridge, but I can't do that for the pantry.

Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sleep eating on Ambien

Gosh, it sounds to me that you should find a different med.
Sleep eating could be the least dangerous thing that could happen to you.
Sorry!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here