SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_phxaz

sleep eating on Ambien

michelle_phxaz
13 years ago

I have taken Ambien CR for a while now, and have had a few incidences of sleep eating, but it is incredibly bad now. I take my Ambien as I get in bed, sleep great, but in the morning there are plates, cups and bowls next on my nightstand and I don't remember eating it. Sometimes I even cook a casserole (last night), the leftovers are in the fridge to prove it as well as the plate by my bed. I did have one instance of driving, I went to Walmart at 3am and spent $300. Now my husband hides the keys before bed, so I know I haven't done that since.

I know Ambien has this side effect, how can I keep from sleep eating? I even made a snack before bed to feel full going to sleep, but then I made the tuna casserole when unconscious.

I work nights (8pm-4am or 10pm-6am) so I don't have a nice dinner about 3-4 hours before bed which is recommended even without Ambien.

Any other sleep-eaters out there? I would really appreciate some advice! I thought about chaining and padlocking the fridge, but I can't do that for the pantry.

Please help!

Comment (1)

Sponsored