SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth_gw

Received Denial Letter from SS

downsouth
19 years ago

I just got a letter from SS and they denied my claim for disability which I was told to expect, as they deny almost everybody at first. I did my claim electronically but I still went to the local SS office and met with a claims rep and we went over everything and added some new things. I did this on August 20. She told me that someone would be calling me within 3 or 4 weeks, but I never heard from anyone at all. I just received this letter yesterday and no one ever called me, not once, from SSA. Since I filed my claim, I have been diagnosed with severe osteoporosis and I never got to talk to anyone about this and the new drugs I am taking.

I have 60 days from the date of their letter to appeal, so I need to start searching for a qualified SS lawyer. From everything I've been reading, you don't pay a lawyer anything unless you win the appeal and then his pay comes from what back pay SS owes you. I sure can't afford a lawyer out of my own pocket. I plan on appealing as soon as I can find a good lawyer.

If anyone has any advice, please post it.

Comments (15)

Sponsored